The All Hazards Disaster Response (AHDR) course teaches students how to respond to the many types of disaster scenarios they may encounter, including natural disasters and infrastructure failings, fires and radiological events, pandemics, active shooter incidents, and other mass casualty events. AHDR educates participants on how to analyze potential threats in their area, assess available resources, and create a response plan that will save lives.
- Communicating effectively during disasters
- Mutual aid and interoperability
- Managing resources such as supplies, medications and equipment
- Triage and transportation strategies and challenges
- Patient tracking and evacuation
All content is presented in the context of realistic scenarios, culminating with a large-scale mass casualty incident.
AHDR is appropriate for all scopes of practice and any level of emergency care provider.
All Information Provided by: