Upcoming EPC Classes
Coffey County: August 14th & 15th (Wednesday/Thursday) 0900-1700
Emergency Pediatric Care focuses on critical pediatric physiology, illnesses, injuries, and interventions to help EMS practitioners provide the best treatment for sick and injured children in the field. This course stresses critical thinking to help practitioners make the best decisions for these young patients.
- Pathophysiology of the most common critical pediatric emergency issues, and critical thinking skills to help practitioners make the best decisions for their patients.
- Applications of the Pediatric Assessment Triangle (PAT). A tool used to help EMS practitioners rapidly and accurately assess pediatric patients.
- The importance of family-centered care.
- Understanding and communicating with children.
- Airway management, breathing, and oxygenation.
- Cardiac emergencies.
- Recognizing child abuse and neglect.
- Hypoperfusion and shock.
- Newborn resuscitation.
Emergency Pediatric Care is appropriate for all scopes and practices, including physicians, nurses, and all emergency care providers.
All information provided by: